WE DELIVER A/C REPAIR TO NORTHRIDGE, ENCINO AND LOS ANGELES COUNTY
1 (818) 835 6158
Air Conditioning Service and Repair in LA Counties
Problems with your HVAC unit that are left unresolved can become serious quickly. Performing regular system maintenance can reduce the need for repairs and lessen their cost. But like every machine, there will come a time when a repair is necessary.
That’s why Andes Air Conditioning's certified technicians are trained to arrive on time ready to repair your system quickly and efficiently.
Our technicians are empowered to solve all HVAC problems. we proudly provide quick Air Conditioning Service and Repair in Santa Monica, Encino and other Los Angeles Counties.
Contact Andes Air Conditioning professionals immediately can prevent simple issues from becoming costly repairs.
Repair VS Replace AC
As a homeowner, one of the toughest decisions you’ll have to make about your air conditioner is when it’s time for a new unit. Although a new air conditioner can be a big investment, so can the costs of continuing to repair and operate an old, inefficient unit.
So how are you supposed to know when it’s time to replace your air conditioner? The six tell-tale signs we’ve listed below are sure to help you make your decision!
6 signs it’s time to replace your air conditioner
1. Air conditioner is more than 10 years old. In general, you can expect a well-maintained air conditioner to last about 15 years. However, if you’re in need of expensive repairs and your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it will often make more sense to replace it. This is especially true when you consider the advancements in efficiency we’ve seen with air conditioners in the past decade alone.
2. Air conditioner is inefficient. If your air conditioner has a low SEER rating, it can cost you a lot of money to operate it. Currently, newly manufactured air conditioners must have a SEER rating of at least 13. If your air conditioner’s SEER rating is below 13, you can cut back on your energy costs by replacing it with a new, more efficient unit.
3. You’re facing expensive repairs. Any time you’re facing an expensive repair, you’ll want to weigh the costs of the repair against the costs of a new unit. If the cost of the repair would cover a large part of a new system, and especially if your air conditioner is showing any of the other signs in this list, it will likely make more financial sense to replace it.
4. Frequent breakdowns. Does it seem like your air conditioner is constantly breaking down? Are you calling Hyde’s every month because of a new problem with your unit? These repair costs can really add up, and it doesn’t make sense to keep making them on older units. Save yourself the headaches and the money by investing in a new unit.
5. Air conditioner uses R 22 Freon. Freon is being phased out by the federal government in order to conserve energy nationwide. As a result, the costs of Freon are rising exponentially. If your air conditioner uses Freon, you’ll have to replace it eventually in order to switch over to the new refrigerant (R410A). If you’re having major problems with your air conditioner, especially if they involve the need for more Freon, it’s probably a good time to replace your unit.
6. Your home isn’t comfortable. Do you have a hard time keeping your home cool? This could be the sign of an aging air conditioner or even an incorrectly sized system. Regardless of the cause, you want your air conditioner to do its job! If it’s not going to keep your home cool, you’ll want to replace it with a unit that will.
If you have any questions about when to replace or repair air conditioner, in Santa Monica, Encino and other Los Angeles Counties or if you’d like a cooling system serviced or installed in your home, contact Andes Air Conditioning.